Children’s Liturgy of the Word (CLOW)
Mission: To share with children in kindergarten through second grade the readings and Gospel in terms they understand
What is CLOW?
- During Mass, children in kindergarten through second grade are invited to their own Liturgy of the Word in the Parish Hall.
- The CLOW leader presents the Scriptures to the children at their level and how it pertains to them in their own life.
- After the Homily, the children return to their families for the Liturgy of the Eucharist.
- CLOW is offered at 9:30 AM Liturgy. No registration or fee is required.
- There is a great deal of interaction between the children and leader. It is a very rewarding experience.
- Become a CLOW leader: Commitment involves lesson preparation and mass time only. Volunteers receive training and must attend “Protecting God’s Children Workshop.” Confirmed teens are welcome to teach with two adults present.
- Become an ADULT shepherd: Not ready to be a CLOW leader but still want to get involved? Adult shepherds are needed to keep order during the liturgy. Volunteers must attend “Protecting God’s Children Workshop.”
- Become a TEEN shepherd: Teen shepherds are needed to keep order during the liturgy. Volunteers should be sixth grade or above.
Time commitment of volunteers: Mass time and lesson preparation (less than one hour) approximately once a month.
Greatest needs are Sunday, 9:30 AM Liturgies
Note to parents: We welcome children in kindergarten to second grade. Although we would love to invite children of all ages, it is not appropriate for younger or older children to attend due to the content and activities being geared to these students, as well as the large volume of children. We appreciate your cooperation regarding this matter. Parents are always welcome to observe.
To sign up for this ministry or ask a question, email Susan Veilleux